- Applicants coming from overseas must adhere to the guidelines set by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare (MHLW).
If applicants are subject to a period of quarantine, this must be completed before undergoing the visa medical examination.
The MHLW guidelines are subject to change without prior notice. Please refer to the MHLW website (in Japanese) for details:
- Applicants who have any of the following symptoms should avoid coming in: fever, chills, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle and body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nasal congestion, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, temperature of 37.5℃ or above in the past 48 hours; or been in contact with anyone showing symptoms or known to have COVID-19 in the last 7 days.
- The medical examination must be postponed for applicants who have symptoms of COVID-19 (as described in #2), recent exposure to COVID-19, or a positive laboratory test for COVID-19 until they have met the recovery criteria to end isolation as defined by their local public health office.
- Close contacts of persons with COVID-19 should also be tested and must postpone the medical examination until quarantine criteria have been met.
- Applicants showing symptoms may be advised to be tested for COVID-19.
Notice regarding COVID-19 infection prevention measurestmsc_admin_en2022-06-08T18:41:41+09:00